Last modified: July 11th 2018
Daycare Owl, Inc. (“Daycare Owl,” or “we” or “us” or “our”) recognizes the need to protect the privacy of the personal information you provide to Daycare Owl with respect to your access and use of our website (www.daycareowl.com) and related services (the “Website”).
Protection of Your Information
We are accountable for the information in our custody. Therefore, when we collect or use your information, we will utilize commercially reasonable safeguards to ensure its protection. It should be noted that no security procedure is currently 100% effective. Should any breach of your Personal Information occur, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible, as required by applicable law.
Type and Purpose of Collection
We collect information at various points in the Website to facilitate its use by our users. Specifically, two types of information are collected:
- Non-Personal Information: Upon accessing the Website, certain non-personal information will be automatically collected without your knowledge or consent, such as your IP address, location data (which is anonymous and where you log in through the Website you will be asked if you consent to the Website accessing your location, which can be updated at any time in your device settings) and the referring website (“Non-Personal Information”). We use Non-Personal Information to examine our traffic and to view how our customers use the Website. This type of information will not allow you to be personally identified although we might be able to associate it with your account. For example, we use “cookies,” which contain only certain statistical information. For more information on cookies please find more information below.
- Identifying Personal Information: To utilize some portions of the Website, you must first provide personal information that will allow you to be identified, such as your name and e-mail address (“Personal Information”). This type of information will not be collected without your consent. We expressly acknowledge that we will not use your Personal Information for any other purposes without your consent. The Personal Information we collect will vary depending on how you are using the Website, but may include, without limitation: (i) your name, mailing address, phone number and email address; (ii) credit card information and charge history; (iii) bank account information for providers (iiii) unique identifiers such as user name, account number and password; (v) preferences information such as product or content interests, communication or marketing preferences; (vi) device information and data; and (vii) Google, Twitter and Facebook identity. You may also be asked to sign in using your Facebook login. If you do so, you authorize us to access certain Facebook account information, such as your public Facebook profile (consistent with your privacy settings in Facebook), your email address, employment and education history, current city, photos, and personal description.
Additionally, Personal Information may be used and disclosed to the extent Daycare Owl may deem reasonably necessary to enforce the terms of any agreement between you and Daycare Owl, or to protect the rights, property or safety of any person or entity.
Right to Examine Information
You have the right to examine any of your Personal Information that we collect. Should you wish to examine such information, please send us a written request to email@example.com. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee to access your information, as permitted by applicable law. In certain cases, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your Personal Information (ex: if the information also pertains to the Personal Information of another user).
Withdrawal of Consent
You may withdraw your consent to the collection of Personal Information at any time by sending an email to us. Upon receiving notice that you have revoked your consent, we will stop using your Personal Information within a reasonable time, which will vary depending on what information we have collected and for what purpose. Please note that we will send you an email confirmation upon receipt of your request. Therefore, if you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact us again with your request. If you do choose to withdraw such consent, your access to the Website may be diminished, or your ability to choose some of the options on the Website may be limited.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, rent or disclose to outside parties the information we collect and save except that we may share the collected information with other parties as follows:
- Affiliated Service Providers: We have agreements with various affiliated service providers to facilitate the functioning of the Website, with whom we may share the information we have collected. For example, we may share your credit card information with the credit card service provider to process your purchase. All administrative service providers that we use are required to have the same level of privacy protection as we have, and therefore we expect that your information will be handled with the same level of care that we employ. Additionally, for example, we may use analytic services.
- Where required by law: We may share the collected information where required by law, specifically in response to a demand from government authorities where such demand meets the legal requirements.
- Statistical Analysis: We may share Non-Personal Information and aggregated information with third parties, including but not limited to for advertising or marketing purposes. No Personal Information will be shared in this manner.
- Transactions: In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where Personal Information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
Location-Based Services Consent
You hereby expressly consent to our use of location-based services and expressly waive and release Daycare Owl from any and all liability, claims, causes of action or damages arising from your use of the Daycare Owl’s services, including but not limited to use of the Website, or in any way relating to the use of the precise location and other location-based services.
The Website contains links and references to other websites. We are not responsible for the collection, use and disclosure of information, or the privacy practices of such websites, and we expressly disclaim any liability relating thereto.
Both Personal Information and Non-Personal Information you submit via the Website is sent to our group companies and will processed in the USA and stored on secure servers located in the USA. Such information may also be transferred by us to our offices and third parties. The countries concerned may not have similar data protection laws to your country. Where we transfer your information out of your jurisdiction we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. By submitting your information to the Website, you agree to this storing, processing and transfer.
Terms of Service
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our Website is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Website at any time or in any manner. If we learn that personally identifiable information has been collected on the Website from persons under 13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained an account on the Website, then you may alert us at email@example.com and request that we delete that child’s personally identifiable information from our systems.
Cookies and similar technologies
When you interact with the Website, we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you use our Website, our web server sends a cookie to your computer or mobile device (as the case may be). Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or mobile device (as the case may be) when you visit a website or access or use a mobile application and which store and sometimes track information about your use of a website or application (as the case may be). A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session or Website session and expire when you close your browser or exit the Website. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Website and will last for longer. Some of the cookies used by the Website is set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Website, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website.
Our Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your personal information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Daycare Owl, Inc.
2140 S. Dupont Hwy.
Camden, DE 19934
Get to know Daycare Owl
Parents save, providers earn more, children win.
Create free online profiles with bookable spots. Sell recurring spots on a weekly, daily, and hourly basis. Set your own prices and timings. Sell extra services such as date-nights, weekend care, and more. Accept, deny, cancel reservations as needed. Daycare Owl helps keep your daycare booked to max capacity, but never exceeding it. Get paid in full on every transaction. Automated receipts for each transaction and year end reporting. 100% free for providers
Search and contact daycares for free. Create a free account to see daycare phone numbers and more. Book flexible child care at licensed facilities on a daily, hourly, weekly basis. No more contracts, no more deposits book recurring care that meets your schedule. Favorite Daycares you like, and share with other parents. Receive automated receipts for FSA processing and child care tax credit. Share Daycare Owl to get daycares in your area to register. Available nationwide